Thursday, February 23, 2012
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Monday, February 20, 2012
Friday, February 17, 2012
How amazing is this? mini shipping containers that make the perfect desk organisers.
Found this randomly while researching the use of shipping containers as offices (for our first live project of BTech)...
These little containers come from an online store called Cool Material - definitely worth checking out the rest of their stock, especially if you live overseas and have a fat credit card.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Wow... I don't really know what to say here, besides carrying on about how much I admire this girl's style. Especially her hair & make up. So pretty without being overly "girly"... does that make sense? I don't know! Be sure to take a look at her blog, Hannah and Landon.
Monday, February 13, 2012
I've never been overly excited about valentines day, but this year Steve and I have decided to do something fun. We're going to spend the evening with friends and then visit the Labia Theatre to see Midnight in Paris (which I've been wanting to see for ages now)....
I finally got a brand new phone over the weekend! Its a Samsung Galaxy Ace and it's pretty awesome. I have been keeping it inside an old running sock for the past few days, but today I decided that it deserved a better covering, so I made this little pouch for it out of old scraps of leather.
It's a little bit loose, but for now it should do the trick!
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Thursday, February 9, 2012
"Handmade leather goods inspired by contemporary Africa."
I think kushn's work is truly brilliant, a very different take on functional leather products.
Take a look at their website or email them for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Found via Handsome Things.
A whole pile of bus tickets that I've collected over the last week or so, college and back, college and back... I really like the look of them, but have no clue what to do with them right now... Will keep them safe until inspiration strikes.
Finally! A watch!
Found this sweet little timepiece at Mowbray Jewellers & Watchmakers. Almost looks more like a bracelet than a watch and I just love it. Fits perfectly too. A very lucky find indeed.
please excuse the crappy Photo Booth pictures!
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Monday, February 6, 2012
|image source here|
- Find a place you trust and then try trusting it for a while.
- General duties of a student: pull everything out of your teacher, pull everything out of your fellow students.
- General duties of a teacher: pull everything out of your students.
- Consider everything an experiment.
- Be self-disciplined. This means finding someone wise or smart and choosing to follow them. To be disciplined is to follow in a good way. To be self-disciplined is to follow in a better way.
- Nothing is a mistake. There is no win and no fail. There is only make.
- The only rule is work. If you work it will lead to something. It’s the people who do all of the work all the time who eventually catch on to things.
- Don’t try to create and analyse at the same time. They’re different processes.
- Be happy whenever you can manage it. Enjoy yourself. It’s lighter than you think.
- “We’re breaking all of the rules. Even our own rules. And how do we do that? By leaving plenty of room for X quantities.” - John Cage.
"Helpful hints: Always be around. Come or go to everything always. Go to classes. Read anything you can get your hands on. Look at movies carefully often. Save everything, it might come in handy later."
Very good advice, I think!
Sunday, February 5, 2012
I need to
go to the beach more often
spend more time outside
take Sophie for more walks
do more 'things' - go to places, exhibitions, events
meet more people
be a better friend
keep a sketchbook/journal
be a better designer & illustrator
collaborate on something
get a license
remember to take vitamins
fix up the bike and ride often
make a good effort in the Eco Design competion
enter other design competions
make the most of BTech and do something really cool
make this blog a better place
Saturday, February 4, 2012
|handbag, meet desk.|
|I think Sophie approves!|
I finally found a decent handbag! I bought it from one of the traders at Greenmarket Square after finishing up at work this afternoon. It's pretty-much perfect, not-too-big, not-too-small, has enough space for a water bottle, lunchbox, pencil case and a notebook or two, plus maybe a jersey and possibly even my SLR camera... basically ticks all the boxes on my "ultimate college/work handbag list". It's not to shabby-looking either...